Physical activity is an important addition to taking medication in the treatment of diabetes. The basic rules for choosing a physical activity for patients with diabetes are a selection of exercises, ranging in intensity, and methods taking into account the patient’s age and type of disease. Studies show that exercising in this way can improve the effectiveness of the therapy, achieve overall stabilization of the metabolism, reduce the risk of complications, and improve the overall physical and mental condition.
All this can be achieved by combining effective breathing techniques and physical exercises using the unique method of GYROTONIC®. The set of exercises GYROTONIC® is selected individually, taking into account not only the nuances of the disease and the characteristics of the body, but also the initial level of physical fitness, and may include:
- warm up, which prepares the heart muscle for further exercises, stimulates capillaries and blood flow;
- a set of exercises to stretch the main muscle groups and tendons (static and dynamic elements);
- relaxation (relaxing exercises).
Due to the very essence of the GYROTONIC® system, the experience of the coaches and the individual approach to classes, your body will not be in discomfort even during the first session. You have to work the body muscles out smoothly, do the exercises to increase joint mobility, decrease the impact on the spine, and if you follow these steps you will lose weight and your body will rebuild itself to be in a better physiological condition and to break the unnecessary habits.
Also, the GYROTONIC® training system allows you to combine physical exercises for diabetics with breathing techniques. This allows you to bring in order not only the respiratory but also the cardiovascular system. Additional enrichment of the body with oxygen eliminates tachycardia, improves brain function. Constant fatigue and apathy, which all diabetics have, disappear.
Also, breathing exercises are recommended for diseases:
- of cardiovascular system;
- coronary heart disease;
- arterial hypertension;
- vascular dystonia.
Breathing exercises are effective for:
- stress relief and performance improvement;
- getting rid of the syndrome of “chronic fatigue»;
- boosting of the immune system;
- strengthening the abdominal muscles;
- they help to overcome nicotine addiction.
Regular training on the GYROTONIC® system for patients with diabetes in combination with breathing exercises allows you to:
- stabilize the level of glucose in the blood;
- strengthen the respiratory and cardiovascular systems;
- boost physical and mental activity;
- increase the elasticity of the tissues;
- reduce the incidence of polyneuropathy and vascular complications by stimulating the neuromuscular apparatus, restoring the bilateral conduction of impulses, as well as the metered load of the cardiovascular system.
Diabetes today is not a life sentence or a reason to give up. The right and comprehensive approach to medical treatment, regular exercising, and an individual approach to every patient, all this allows the patient to achieve a steady decrease of glucose level in the blood, and improve the quality of the life significantly.
Natalia Botova, Certified Gyrotonic® practitioner